COMBA’s Trail Team is working with Jefferson County Open Space to help them understand the needs of mountain bikers and for COMBA to better understand JCOS’s needs. It’s a great partnership formed over many years, loads of meetings, and many outings. We are now at the point in the relationship where JCOS trusts COMBA to create better, bike friendly trails throughout their system.
What does this mean?
We are forming 2 groups as requested by JCOS.
- JOMBA (Jefferson County Open Space Mountain Bike Advocates) – an advocacy group of advisory mountain bikers JCOS can rely on.
- SWOT (Shaping Wonderful Optimized Trails) – A team that focuses on this specifically. We will reshape, reroute, and rebuild trail in collaboration with JCOS trail specialists.
How can you Help?
We need the following:
- Crew leaders to oversee weekly trail projects
- Volunteering to participate in trail work weekly projects
- Join our specific advocacy group
- Pass this along to your network of interested people