Our April beginner ride will be held at Bear Creek Lake Park in Lakewood – Cottontail Picnic Area.
Entrance into the Bear Creek Lake Park is $10/car so carpooling is encouraged. Please DO NOT park outside of the entrance of the park and ride in. Doing so puts COMBA at risk of losing this venue for our rides.
We will meet at and ride from the Cottontail Picnic area. The day will start with a brief skills demonstration, leading into a ride catered to beginner MTB riders on skill appropriate trails. We will end the day with a BBQ hosted by Bike Source. Free demo bikes are being provided by Bike Source and can be reserved here – Bike Source Demo Bike Request. There are a limited number of bikes so if you want to make sure there is one for you to ride please reserve one. If you are not sure which bike you should request please feel free to contact Calvin Davis, the Bike Source Demo Fleet Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-979-6463.
NOTE – Please put “COMBA April Beginner Ride” in the comments during checkout so they know to bring your bike to the ride. You will be asked for a credit card to reserve the bike but YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. Demo bikes for our events are provided by Bike Source at no charge.
The ride will last for 60 – 90 minutes, weather and group energy permitting.
Here is the schedule for the event:
– 8:45am – 9:00am – Rider arrival
– 9:00am – 9:30m – Rider Check in and Demo bike pickup (Cottontail Picnic Area)
– 9:30am – 10:00am – Riders meeting and skills discussion
– 10:00am – 11:30am – We RIDE!!!
– 11:30am – 1:00pm – BBQ and Socializing
Items to bring with you.
– Mountain bike in working order
– Hydration pack or water bottle. NOTE – Green Mountain has no shade and can be hot if the sun is out.
– Close toed shoes
We look forward to seeing you!!